Friday 1 July 2016

She

SHE 




The night befell upon us, as the dozing off sun said its goodbyes... 

My hands waved the farewell to him, but these eyes were yet looking ashore
 the towering glare of the moonlight, had no promises in the bag of hope... 

So I started walking along the shore,
 I started walking along the shore... 

The darkness spread wittingly, capturing the fame of the daylight

 I walked on and on, hoping for a ghost to be my friend
 yet the quietness killed all the beating strokes, and aloofness was all left of the barren land

 Sitting by the window, she was talking to him 

No smiles no frowns, just something in her twinkling eyes
 but the moon had no answers, why somebody had stolen all the stars 

And I was walking along the shore, quietly through the raging hearts. .. 

The girl wanted something for her, She didn’t know what the heart may ask 
and thus I met the sweet stranger, someone as lost as me in the dark

 We had no words, nor any love to share
 Just we needed a moment to live, nothing about the life we cared 

So I sat with her, along the mighty shore
 Watching the water roaring in the dark,
 challenging the rocks who went falling down apart 

Time couldn't bind us, nor the thirst of being free 
Just a dark night standing ahead smiling upon me, Maybe no stars to light my way, 
I am content, cause I have a friend, and she had me.. ..



By Aksh Bhardwaj
      FMS, Delhi








No comments:

Post a Comment