Monday 26 December 2016

A SWEET WEDDING STORY



Influenced by my parents I took admission in computer engineering, my creative side got faded by my books and suffocated to death. I survived long enough through the semesters to get a job from the campus itself. The money was surely good. And my girlfriend Bina became the happiest person at that moment. At last after 4years of grinding through eight semester I had life which I liked, “We will marry soon, sharpen your cooking skills” I often pulled her leg with inane questions and discussions about marriage.
“Let the marriage happen first” she would always smirk.
Bina and I were together since school. Though it started as a random friendship none of us realized when did we became the stars of each other’s eyes. And now after 10 years of dating they finally found a reason to talk to their parents. With this job Akash knew, that his life is just about to start.
“You will marry a school teacher” my parents argued “love doesn’t pay bills, nor they make good families.” And that’s how my first meeting with my parents went. This was just one side of the story. One the other side Bina got one Rishta from a well settled US citizen. Obviously her parents got all the reasons to reject me and that’s how our proposal got rejected.
And then started our year long battle with our parents to prove our love. We weren’t naïve (as suggested by our parents) and we surely couldn’t imagine our lives without each other. Of course parents consent was important. So the decision was made, we won’t marry each other, but we won’t ever marry anyone else too. And after two years that’s the only thing that got our parents to say yes for our relationship.
I didn’t see her for two years. They say long distance doesn’t always work, I say you don’t have to make things work, and distance no matter how long it is seems too small when you are in love. I still remember her walking down the aisle, for me she was my sun, my moon, my galaxy for that matter. May be that’s how the earth feels when the rain falls on her after a long waiting. “I will always love you, no matter what” and that’s my little wedding story.

By: Rajal Brahmbhatt
     IIM Amritsar

No comments:

Post a Comment