Monday 26 December 2016

Winning Pick- Treatise- "Your Wedding Plan"



Wedding is considered to be an important phase in the human life when the individual decides to choose a partner exclusively for himself/ herself with whom he/she has to spend the life ahead. But for me, these thoughts came as early as when I was a 9 years old. Coming back home from school, I saw my mother browsing through the ostentatious wedding album of the son of our aunt (irritating) neighbour aunty (who just won’t like being called one). As expected, my mom was impressed by the bride’s jewellery and was complementing the lady that how beautiful the bride was. I happened to peek through the album, when my jaw dropped seeing the beautiful bride. Seeing my cheeks turn pink, the aunty jokingly asked my mom to find a bride for me as I too was growing older. I just giggled, to which my mom said, “Abhi waqt h iske liye! Pehle padhai to khatm krle ye na*ay^k!”. 


Well! You may judge me, but hey! -you ought to have some thoughts about your future (life) well in advance. I was too much far-sighted at that very time that I even decided who, where and how will I get married. I wanted a girl like Aishwarya Rai- Miss World, Blue eyed, elegant, beautiful, charming and the adjectives to describe her won’t just end. I first saw her in the movie “Jeans” when I was just blown away. “Wow!”- But then, there is a reality check to everything. I concentrated on my studies, had a few one sided crush on girls but didn’t get committed into a relationship because I saw many relationships around me that didn’t end up to marriage (they didn’t even last for 2 months). These thoughts made me firm on deciding that I will be getting into a relationship only when I am prepared for it and the relationship should have the potential to transform to a life time relationship a.k.a. marriage. So… I do have plans of my wedding as I stated somewhere before. I would not want to go for a traditional wedding setup wherein the families spend their life time earnings lavishly on a mere 4-5 day activity and then they are left to manage with whatever they have.  Marriages are now perceived as a status symbol which I am not in favour of and definitely would not abide by them.


I look forward to a unique way of getting married. I want to marry while I travel, because travelling is my hobby and I would want to take my better half to those places where I have always dreamt of going through my childhood but couldn’t go because of time and money constraints. Obviously, the choice of places would be in agreement with my beloved’s choice. Then I would probably be marrying with my beloved twice- firstly at a place where only both of us along with a random set of well-wishers would witness our marriage. I plan to hire a photographer to capture all the candid moments of ours unlike the crafted poses that one can expect in traditional marriages. This would be a surprising and cherishing moment for both of us. Then, I plan to conduct a simple, non-lavish marriage in presence of our parents and some of our near-dear friends. I plan to send the invitation cards to my friends and others via e-mails and text messages and specially paying visit and inviting those who aren’t in constant touch with the modern communication technology. 


As any wedding is incomplete without food so,I would want to personally ensure that the food that is being served is of the best quality and is delicious in taste. For the friends and others, the menu could be kept the same as that served in traditional marriages with some interesting and newer recipes, but for me and my beloved, I want the menu to be just the food items we like or desire and that too being cooked by our parents. I plan to have a homely dinner with my in -laws and family members together with some good gala chat. As a token of memento, I would ensure each attendee goes with a picture of us (the couple and the guest) clicked together and a personal note that I plan to write all by myself thanking them for their gracious presence.


After the ceremonies get over, I want to visit few old age homes and share my happiness and seek the blessings of elders living there. This would make my marriage complete in all aspects. Then, (with due permission from both my parents on each side) I plan to run away with my wife for a long week trip. Who says fantasies can’t be real? (Alarm rings)

By: Srinath Vasudevan
MICA
 

No comments:

Post a Comment